Employment Immigration Lawyer

Every fiscal year (October 1 – September 30), approximately 140,000 employment-based immigrant visas are made available to qualified applicants under the provisions of U.S. immigration law. Employment-based immigrant visas are divided into five preference categories. Certain spouses and children may accompany or follow-to-join employment-based immigrants. To determine if you qualify for an employment-based immigrant visa, you should consult with a employment immigration lawyer.

To be considered for an immigrant visa under some of the employment-based categories below, the applicant’s prospective employer or agent must first obtain a labor certification approval from the Department of Labor. Once received (if required), the employer then files an Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for the appropriate employment-based preference category. A skilled employment immigration attorney can work with you and your employer to help both parties file the appropriate paperwork. However, people with extraordinary abilities in the Employment First preference category can file their own petitions.

Employment-based immigration is separated into five preference categories, each with its own specific requirements, numerical limitations, and processing times. Your Vasquez Law Firm, PLLC employment immigration lawyer can help you determine which preference category you should file under.

  • EB-1 Visas are reserved for extraordinary ability aliens, outstanding researchers, and multinational managers and executives.
  • EB-2 Visas allow aliens of exceptional ability to waive the labor certification process and job offer requirement if their work is in the national interest.
  • EB-2 Visas are also available for exceptional ability aliens, professionals with advanced degrees, and physicians practicing in under-served areas.
  • EB-3 Visas are for professional workers (individuals with at least a bachelor’s degree in their field of study) and skilled workers (with at least two years of experience) performing necessary services and unskilled workers (requiring less than two years of training or experience).
  • EB-4 Visas are for special immigrants; a mixed category used primarily for religious workers.
  • EB-5 Visas are reserved for those who invest in American industries.

Call 919-989-3000 to Schedule Your Initial Consultation.

Please see a Vásquez Law Firm, PLLC employment immigration lawyer to determine the best preference category for you.