Be Confident in Your Separation Agreement

Helping Parties Resolve Their Differences in Family Law Disputes

A separation agreement is a private contract between a husband and wife that represents a settlement. It is not filed with the court, but it can be enforced by a court of law. The separation agreement outlines the terms that the parties have agreed to during negotiation. Contact me for assistance; I help parties draw up separation agreements and avoid going to court. These kinds of agreements make the process much easier, especially when children are involved.

Separation agreements set out all of the terms of how parties are going to resolve individual issues. These include child custody and visitation, child support, division of assets and debt, and alimony period. These agreements will include customized information that is specific to your situation and should be very detailed. The agreement must be clear enough that a court could enforce the agreement.

Often, people will try to write their own agreements but will leave out important details about key issues. These omissions can lead to big problems. Hiring a lawyer who will look out for potential difficulties may be critical to reaching your goals.

Keeping an Open Mind

When talking about a separation agreement with an attorney or with a spouse, it is important to keep an open mind with regard to the issues while protecting your rights and the rights of your children. These can include issues of property, debt, alimony, child custody, visitation, insurance, taxes and child support that may exist between the parties. At my law office, I am familiar with these issues and prepared to help the parties reach a fair agreement.

[alert color=”white”]

Contact my firm in Smithfield or Raleigh, North Carolina at 919-989-3000 to set up an initial consultation, where we can discuss your family law concerns.

Vásquez Law Firm, PLLC, provides family law assistance for clients in Raleigh, Clayton, Smithfield, Wendell, Fuquay Varina, and Cary North Carolina, Wake, Johnston and Harnett County.